Monday, April 13, 2009

Flintoff eager to play in IPL


Flintoff, who was bought by Chennai Super Kings for a record $1.55 million, has had several niggling injuries, the latest of which was a hip problem that ruled him out of the final Test and first two One-day Internationals in the West Indies.

"I have missed so much cricket through injury that I don't want to miss any more," Flintoff was quoted as saying in the Guardian.

"I've not played a lot of Twenty20 cricket and I'd like to play more. I'm not saying the money is not very appealing, but there's a lot more to it. I spent several weeks working very hard at my fitness when I came back from the West Indies and, hopefully, that will stand me in good stead come the summer," he said.

England will host West India May 6 and then will have Australia for the Ashes series in June.

[credit : http://sports.in.msn.com/ipl/article.aspx?cp-documentid=2495974]

No comments:

Post a Comment