Monday, April 6, 2009

Abdullah joins King's XI


King's XI Punjab have strengthened their squad for the 2009 Indian Premier League season with the signing of Yusuf Abdullah.

The left-arm seamer made his international Twenty20 debut for South Africa against Australia last month, claiming 1-16.

He has been drafted in by the King's XI to replace the West Indies' Jerome Taylor, who has had to withdraw due to injuries sustained in a car accident.

"I got a call from Tom Moody (Punjab coach) the day after my debut asking if I was interested," Abdullah said.

Opportunity


"I'm quite excited about the upcoming challenge. The IPL is in town and this is a good opportunity for me, hopefully I can do well.

"I'm familiar with the wickets, and that can play to my advantage."

Abdullah, who plays his domestic cricket for the Dolphins, was on the final IPL shortlist earlier this year but was not signed by any team.

"He's a talented bowler, and it was a good opportunity for us to get some local talent into our squad," Punjab assistant coach, Dave Nosworthy, said.

"It's exciting to have the IPL in the country, and hopefully we'll perform to our capabilities and keep the crowds entertained."

[credit : http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,15815_5153221,00.html]

No comments:

Post a Comment