Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I've learnt a lot from Jade Goody " - Shilpa Shetty


JOHANNESBURG: Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty says she has "learnt a lot" from her former "Celebrity Big Brother" housemate Jade Goody who died
of cancer March 22.

"Two years ago we were bickering and fighting on television and now when I look back it all seems so futile because she's not even there," Shilpa told www.thetimes.co.za. here when asked how she felt about Goody's death.

"Life is so unpredictable, may her soul rest in peace. I have no grudges, we patched up and became great friends," added the winner of the British reality TV show.

At the time of Shilpa's win, many had said it was because she had won sympathy from voters after being seen as the victim of alleged racism.

In the video interview to the South African website, Shilpa also spoke about her impatience with long cricket games and being stopped at an Indian airport because there was a criminal charge against her pending for kissing Hollywood star Richard Gere in public.

"The funniest thing was, I was leaving the country and they stopped me at the Indian airport because I had a criminal case! I don't want to give it too much importance. It's still pending. There are so many cases it takes time for the case to be heard," she said

Calling the pending case in a Rajasthan court the work of "a lunatic fringe", the actress said Gere would still be her first choice as co-star if she had to choose someone from Hollywood. "I've always liked Richard (Gere). I like him more as a person. I'd take his name first."

The actress was here over the weekend to support her Rajasthan Royals team for the Indian Premier League (IPL) which starts in South Africa April 18.

Refusing to name a favourite player, Shilpa said: "Whoever makes the most runs and gets the most wickets for the Rajasthan Royals becomes my favourite player. It gives them some incentive!"

Admitting to being a huge fan of Twenty20 cricket, Shilpa said she had never had the patience to watch a whole match.

"I've always been a very impatient person so even when I'm reading a book I always read the last chapters and the same with cricket, I always watch the last 20 overs."

[Credit : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ET-Cetera/Ive-learnt-a-lot-from-Jade-Goody/articleshow/4337934.cms]

No comments:

Post a Comment